lunes, 5 de enero de 2009

BotDN 27 12 08

We go back to the Carthian Movement´s headquarters, Lelouch seems to be out of town, so we are received by the second in charge, an old looking man called Jasper, looking to be within his fifties and having been quite spent before his embrace. “So you are two of Lelouch´s puppets” his words are filled with disrespect, as if we were inferior to these Vampires, I ignore it, Sephiroth seems to have done the same, still, he seems to know I am important for his leader, so I use this to talk freely and I hastily tell him of our findings, he says something about an enemy of the Vampires attacking the places we have been to. I do mention our finding of Genesis, but he has not heard of him, I try explaining that he wants a certain information that Lelouch is looking for as well as I show him the small silver cross, the book cover, and the spear we found. Jasper looks at this last item and concludes that the attacker is from the Mallus Maleficarum, when I ask about them he explains that they are the same Inquisition that centuries back hunted for whatever they considered unholly and sinful, that it has been around all this time, but using stealth and discresion, hiding in the shadows.
The phone rings, Jasper picks it up and tells Sephiroth and I that another of their feeding grounds has been attacked, and tells us to go investigate.
The place is some sort of night club, the door is surrounded by people claiming that they want to get in, Sephiroth pushes through the crowd to get to the door, I go around and look for a backdoor, but I only find that to get to it I have to get through a fence, I have no tools and it is locked. I go back, the crowd is gone, and Sephiroth is about to open the door his way.
Inside we find three figures, two were among those we fought in the lighthouse some time ago, the third one is a Nun, they tell us that we monsters are not among those they are after, so they will not attack us unless we do, Sephiroth tries to intimidate one of them using his sword, but the man simply pushes the blade aside and heads for the door, the other two people follow him, as they walk past us, I see that for some time now, a fourth figure, another nun, has been aiming directly at Sephiroth´s head. I infuse my fire into one of the priests and tell him to tell me what they are doing, his answer is “We came to eliminate the damned”

I call Helena, since something within mi urges me to read the Book and find its secrets. I ask her for permission to crash at her place and work as she sleeps, or whatever Vampires do during day. I read for quite a while, unknown to me, someone has sneaked in as I am deeply concentrated on the text before me, he grabs me and tries to put me to sleep using ether, unfortunately for him, the fire within me makes me particularly resistant to this. I manage tu infuse fear into him, and he just leaves panicking and screaming. I run to close the door, and push the couch I am sitting on as a barricade.
I continue reading and studying, until my efforts are most fruitful, the Book says that the location of the place to make the ritual is in Australia, that famous monolith, called the Navel of the World, a place where dreams, spirits and the dead gather. I tell Helena about it when she wakes up. I too tell her that the book does not have the ritual, but it is within another book: the Necronomicon.
Helena tells me then that some guy she knew was trying to find it, but that he disappeared some time ago. We are to find it, that is our resolve

Not long after the door rings, and when we open a bunch of people with strange apliances and devices enters, Helena explains to me that they are looking for some ghosts and I do know something of that is happening as I look at my palm and remember how it bled, although it was never my blood.
Cornelia arrives not much later, seems she has forgotten about me, since she barely remembers what she saw me do not long ago, she greets us with her usual pride. After arguing with Helena as I see the strange parascientists measure things here and there and stating that there are many spritutual forces involved, I simply find myself inside Cornelia´s car, with Sephiroth sitting oposite of me, and heading for the usual Pizza Hut, we park infront of it, just infront of another Limousine, Cornelia´s Ghoul, Guilford, identifies it as Kazzandra´s, and explains to Helena that she is a member of a rival bloodline to Cornelia´s, I do not understand very clearly, but Vampires were once human, so I try to learn a bit from this feud of theirs.

We enter the restaurant and the air grows tense as Kassandra, accompanied by Kadaj, meets Cornelia. Turns out that this Kassandra is the Sire of Kadaj´s Sire, still he confesses that his Sire wants the Book, I feel my inner fire burn as violently as a human´s heart would beat after important news, he says that he asked Kassandra for help since he has been feeling the urge to get the Book.
Helena and Kadaj start talking about how many among the vampires want the Book, she says that she wants to use it for good, that she wants to go to Australia and save a soul, he asks what soul would it be, I do not hear her reply since in my mind I deeply hope that the soul saved is mine.

The limousine is heading out of the city, towards a very wealthy neighborhood, I am somewhat surprised when I see that we go through a gate that leads to a driveway that still takes several minutes to leave behind, on either side there are vast gardens, all carefully tended as well as fountains with statues f young women pouring water and such, strangely enough I do identify myself with those statues. We finally get to a large house, quite luxurious, within Cornelia says to Sephiroth and me to walk to a certain door, we walk among more fountains until we get to the indicated door, as it opens I am able to distinguish two people, a man exhuding autority as much as Kadaj exhudes pride, stands up, Charles, Cornelia´s sire, I am tolde, he greets us and then introduces us to that talking with him, it is VV, the kid that once came to take the book away and that Helena scared away, to my surprise he seems to be the leader of the Lancea Sanctum within this city,
I then hear a familiar maniatical laughter, a chair turns and reveals Lelouch, he greets us merrily, but Helena violently steps in and yells that he belongs to the Carthian Movement, that he is a betrayer to the Invictus, she is then affected by the contract she made days ago, she seems to feel sick, if vampires ever do feel such things.
Lelouch rebukes the contract, thus ending Helena´s illness. He says that it is not the Invictus he is betraying, but the Carthian Movement, something in his words compels me to believe in him.
I ask him about his Proxies, he is about to answer when Helena again interrupts, forcing us to look at her, too strong a power,that we are all afraid of it, so it seems, She asks Charles to make Lelouch confess, and he accepts the request, Lelouch says then that he has been scaling the ranks of the Carthian Movement as Prince Alexander had asked him to.
After such declaration, Charles orders Lelouch to be investigated, removes his title and asks him to leave, Lelouch looks at me and smiles discretely. He walks out of the room and as he walks past me, he whispers that we are to talk.
I follow him to a terrace, and tells me that his plan is going quite well, that the Invictus and the Lancea Sanctum would fall from grace among the Kindred, that I should go back and convince Helena to keep trusting me. I ask him about Genesis, and he says that some new recruits are taking care of him, I will keep playing his game, so I slap him hard on the face, turn to my side so that I am giving my back to the window, knowing that the blow I gave him was noisy enough for those inside to listen, I can hardly contain my laughter as I see Karen´s face, and smile a bit myself, I turn around and enter again, acting angry. I tell Helena that Lelouch had asked me to stay by his side, and that I rejected his offer, she seems to believe me. It is now time to make these Spina people give me the Necronomicon.

No hay comentarios: