domingo, 28 de diciembre de 2008

BOTDN 25 12 08

The Pizza Hut is quite full, we are finishing dinner when Claudia arrives with a briefcase containing everything I asked her to bring, she drops it on top of the talbe and then leaves, as Kadaj looks inside and looks swiftly at the documents, CDs and USB drives, I call Lelouch to inform him of our adquisition, he tells me Karen is already on the way to pick this up. A second pizza is delivered to us, I start to dig in as Karen arrives carrying another gbriefcase, she puts it on the table and opens it to show us all money that Lelouch is giving to us as a reward for our job, a thausand dollars for each of us.

Lelouch sent me too a letter, within it there are adresses of places that Sephiroth and I are to visit and investigate, they are all places that serve the vampires as feeding grounds, and that have been attacked in recent days, as Karen leaves I aske her to leave the car for me, I am not taking the bus nor the subway to go around the city, specially infolving so many places to visit. She says that she will deliver a car to me as soon as she gives Lelouch the briefcase containing all the precious info that Claudia gave us without really knowing why.
She does bring a car, a small European girly thing, I look at it and think it fitting for a woman like the one I resemble, a somewhat bitter reminder of my condition. Sephiroth and I leave to the first place in the list as Kadaj and Helena head somewhere else, a movie I think, its not hat I give much thought about vampires and their relations among them, besides, this faux person I am will most probably disapear when we get to find out how to use the book. I run itno a Radio Shack and buy it a GPS, since many adresses are not known to me, I have been in this city too little.
As we arrive to that first place, I slow down as an Azothic radiance reaches me, Sephiroth is well aware of it too, and for us to be able to feel it while driving, it means that whomever it comes from, is quite strong, I can only hope its one of Lelouch´s Proxies.
We arrive to our destination, some sort of bar, the door has a seal on it that reads “canceled”, we care little about it and try to open the door, but it is locked, a guard appears from somewhere and tells us to leave, his harshness annoys me and makes me look right into his eyes, I feel the Geass glow on my forehead as I make my Divine Fire alter his mood, he opens the door and gives me his money, and then happily goes home to rest. The place is messy and dirty, old furnityre and a refrigerator that still functions, within it there are many bags with blood, other than that the only thing we find is a small silver cross under a table.
We step out and head for the second place, it’s a store, being it late, we find it closed, and as we try to enter it an alarm is activated, we jump again into the car and head to the third location, leaving the alarm behind, the third place is an old derelict house, Sephiroth smashed the door and we enter. It is almost completely empty, the only thing left is a cabinet in the bathroom, behind the mirror that serves as its door, on the back of the glass shelves, or what remains of them, I see some strange scriptures, its latin, I do not understand it clearly, and it also seems to be written in blood,. I take pictures of it using my cell phone, and then I tell Sephiroth it´s time to head to the next place in the list.
The Source of the Azothic radiance is waiting for us, leaning on the car,: Genesis. He greets Sephiroth first, and asks him about the woman that looks like a Godess, knowing him so shortly already makes me know that he means Helena. He mumbles something about a Godess and the Book, and is surprised as he finds out that Sephiroth has not read it, he looks at me, and out of fear I turn away, such a fool I am, so human a reaction, so stupid, I give away the fact that I do know about the book, that I have read it and that I have been trying to find out how to use it, he reads through me as clearly as if I had told him. I try to paralyze him, buy me time to use one of my stronger transmutations and modify his memories, but he resists, he turns around, so that his eyes won´t meet mine, and starts walking away before asking Sephiroth to bring Helena to the Lighthouse.
The next item on the list lead us to some sort of privae library, a small building almost impaled between two larger constructions, again we break in without much care for stealth, the inside is also a mess, bookshelves laying on other bookshelves, broken boards, no books, just a pile of ashes amongst them there was also a piece of the leather covering of a book, the tittle, although charred, was still visible “Rites of the Dragon”, Vampire Lore, if I am nto mistaken,
We head to the next location, a Seminar, despite being it late, some lights are still on, we knock and have the door opened by some vicar, he rudely asks us to leave, I think about using my transmutations on him, but I realize this particular place is too crowded, investigating it would be rather difficult, so we leave it for later.
I read the listm and introduce the adress of the next place into the GPS, it’s a Sinagogue in Manhattan, we knock and a Rabi opens the door, I use my transmutations swiftly and manage to get permission to investigate and have the man give me the money they have gathered here, about six hundred bucks, quite a good amount, should last me a couple of weeks, more if I keep my job as Helena´s make up assistant and Lelouch paying for my frivolous spences. The investigations here lead us to the back of the building, where Sephiroth finds a trapdoor, within it a hallway leading to the remains of one once glorious Althar of engraved stone, now destroyed and with a spear protruding out of it, the shaft has engravings on it, I look at Sephiroth´s case, and ask him to put the weapon next to his sword.

No hay comentarios: