domingo, 9 de noviembre de 2008

WoD BotLN IV

We head to the party Kadaj seems to be better already, Sephiroth calls again, I say to him that its all right if he wants to come, to my dismay, he brought the woman, I recognize her as the one that participated in my arrest. As I try to blend in she comes and violently pulls me away from the party into the house, dragging me into a small studio, I try to use my transmutations on her, but she resists easily, Twilight people, I am alreadyweary of them and I have spent little around them, Real, her name is Real Mayer, and with that she starts to torture me, such energy she puts into it that I finally feel my will broken, and I confess about everything I know, telling about me, the book, even Sephiroth., after I have talked, I feel my blood boiling, it hurts me, my torment is set loose, my tears fall to the carpet, I see the dress already bloodstained by my crawling, and I still jump to her, seeking some comfort in having her close by, but she walks away, insulting me as the monster I trully am, I cry, telling her that I did not chose to be what I am, but her scorn is the only reply I get. As she reaches the door Sephiroth comes in, he has felt my torment, He discusses with the woman until she calls him a monster, a monster just like me. He fights her, lifting her above the ground, trying to stop her. He worries for me. I cling to his coat, unable to stand up, I look up, he seems to want to kill her.
Kadaj breaks in as well and separates them I cry profousely as I confess that I have revealed his secret. He walks away trying to still his rage. I keep facing my tormentfor a while, glinging to Sephirothhe behaves cold, as usual, but still he stays by me.
Kadaj breaks in,k his eyes burning with rage, they focus on me and he charges, I barely have time to look into the two flames and stop him, Helena comes in and calms him down, she seems to be some sort of guardian or what Vampires call ghouls, she seems familiarized with these dealings. So young and she already has such a burden.
I leave them behind, I leave the party not worrying about the dress anymore, it si stained, scratched, ruined. I feel bad, I don´t want to be found, not by anyone, right now I would only accept Sephiroth, I go back to the appartment, it has been visited by the Twilight people, my TV is on the floor, broken, everything is out of place, they probably have taken some of my stuff, I left little, save for some money, judging that the door was not even locked I can say that anyone could have come and looted the place.



Two weeks have gone by, I am back on the streets selling coke, or that is what I tell them it is, instead of spending a couple hundreds in the real stuff, I spend a couple bucks in simple talcum, being what I am , wealth fades quickly, so I do not care for this to be a stable position.
A selll is finished, and my little fraud comes and gets me, three thugs come after me, they pull me into an alley, if only they knew that I am most dangerous when few can see me, I am pushed against a wall, and pointed at with a knife, I force a pyros into the guy´s mind, making him attack his friend, in seconds one tries to avoid being stabbed, another tries to stab his own friend and the third fights to pull them appart, I use the chance and run away, as I doo, I feel a presence, I turn and see proxy standing in a threshold. To some shabby building ,He tells mi his leader wants to meet me, that a Quashmall told them about me, that I would turn the tide and make us all human, it makes me feel important, it’s a pleasant feeling.
As I walk out of the place, hearing police and ambulance sirens aproachning, I realize that Sephiroth and the others have not contacted me, knowing that Sephiroth knows little about our condition, probably ignores the kind of monster he truly is, I do not think they have let me to quench my torment all this long, still they had the keys to get the book, did they get it or did someone else get it before us, before me.
Proxy warned me about Twilight, particularly about Real, about Genesis, the priests, those whom I have already fought,. He also mentions other Proxies, seems that is how these throng of Prometheans call themselves, he highlights that they are willing to help me, to fight in my name, and that I am to meet their leader in a couple of days. As I meditate on this, my cell rings, its Helena, they need me, they need someone who an drive, but it calms me to feel needed for once.

They make me drive them again to the place the party took place in, ironic, our host, Claudia, is attending some Chinese people, we wait a while watching the news in the living room, having some coffee and looking at the objects they have used for decoration, a woman named Luca joins us, as many in this social circles, she is proud and beautiful, but she stands out since she is caucacean but dresses in a Yeong tsam dress and uses a very oriental hairdo. Helena is then received by Claudia, she looks somewhat infuriated, annoyed by something, she´s been like this since her call, Sephiroth tries to go offer a hand, but Luca disuades him, I try to go as well, but I too fail to convince this woman.
When Helena comes out, she looks satisfied with her actions, still some fury emanates from her.

They ask me to head fo China Town, seems that Dante has no use for the keys, which makes me guess that the book has been taken already,
The men at the restaurant tell us about the secret kept by the key, a book, they say, that has information involving the chinese government, and that has been taken by some unknown fashion, Sephiroth, does not react to these words, still they say there is a twin to this book, and that it too, must be found, and offer us eighteen grand to find it, Sephiroth takes his pay from the previous job and decides not to take the new one, but I negotiate to get twice the new pay if we look for the twin.
Now I have something to tell Proxy, it is a glimpse of hope after loosing the first one.
Keeping this Proxy buisness stealthy, I simply take Helena to her next destination: seems the car belogns to Gustaf, he greets her with his huge arms wide open. His fondness for her is tickled again when she asks for a job, Gustaf offers her a position in some Russian ballet, after surviving the thugs, I decide its time to avoid getting my money with such lonely illegitimate means, and simply offer myself to do any non sexual job. Gustaf looks at me and offers me a position as Helena´s make up assistant. It sounds fair, so I take it.


It is a difficult job, Helena has such a great talent that she is promoted quickly to the lead role, now I have to make this good looking girl outstand even more. I make an effort, and succeed, the rehearsal is watched by a small group of people, and they seem to like it quite much.

After the performance visits come backstage, first it’s a proud looking woman in fine garments, Its been years since I have been involved in such high class circles, disquiet usually makes it even more difficult, but I do not heed it much, a second visitor arrives: Kadaj walks in with some drk rose, I have never understood what humans see in these things, they wither so fast, I look at the time, and head out, the leader is supposed to meet me in Central Park.

I get to the designated place and see them both, a figure clad in red and a figure clad in black, they greet me, the one I have been calling Proxy reveals himself, a young looking man, whose real name is Saed, he then points to the man in black, calling him Master Proxy, more of a Title, as it seems.
Master Proxy mad eme follow him to a Cathedral, we climb up to a balcony where the park and the buildings surrounding it, he tells me about how years ago a Quashmall appeared to him in that spot, and then makes me promise I would help these Proxies become human, I agree somewhat lightly, but as I do a white flame surrounds me, maybe the same Quashmall Sephiroth and I saw in the woods, maybe even the same that guided me to this City I have not learnt to love, its not importatn, I am now branded into the Throng, Caroline C, is now called C.C. Proxy.
Master Proxy tells me that the second book has been with the Chinese all this time, that the book I was told to look is still in NY, and that Genesis knows who took it. I ask for help against such a dangerous adversary, but I am told that those Proxies that have fought against the Hecatonchire have been destroyed. Worst of all is when I hear that Genesis is somewhere around the theater where Helena and Sephiroth are, I rush out of the church, hoping that I can get some information out of Genesis, and that he again is there peacefully.

I get out of the cab throwing a handfull of bills at the driver, I run to the alley leading to the backdoor of the theater and see Genesis standing against Sephiroth Helena and Kadaj, I run towards them, just to be captured by two pandorans, similar to the one we faced before, but this time havint Genesis´ face, they bite, tearing my flesh, exposing my bones, it hurts, it stings, I use my pyros to recover as they keep on biting, until somehow they stop Genesis and command him to stop his pets.
I use my Pyros to recover completely, I have little of it left, but Its better for me to be as good as possible in case another battle comes.
The questioning begins, they ask Genesis of his intention coming here, he replies he is looking for the book, I simply ask who has it, and he replies that we took it, I had been mistaken, upon further questioning Genesis madness emerges, he says that within the book is a secret of some Godess, that he and Sephiroth descend from her, his usual respect for Helena disappears as he dims her unworthy of the rewards the godess would offer. He leaves leaving us somewhat confused.
The woman that visited Helena rushed just then into the alley, aproaching her and seeing if she was fine, just then another Pandoran buzzed within the shadows, it seems to be tame, for the moment, I jump behind Sephiroth, the woman asked about the creature, trying to protect Helena, I too want to protect her, he has shown to be trustworthy, and besides being my income source for the moment, she too might be the key to get the book, which might be with those vampires right now. Seeing as how Helena trusts her, I take my chances, then agains it might just be me being reckless again, as I clarify that the creature would aim at me before attacking Helena. It all turns out peacefully in the end, with me explaining the woman, Cornelia, about us Prometheans, just enough for her to comprehend, it is then when I notice that she resembles Helena, mainly their eyes.

I asses the situation, would it be propper for me to ask for the book? I have only told Helena about Saed, not about Master Proxy, and Cornelia seems to be quite powerful within those in what they call the Invictus, she is either a vamprie as well, or some sort of Ghoul to a high ranking vampire. Its confusing, but Master Proxy made a move quite unexpected, I explain to him that Helena has the book, but that the Invictus is already involved, he tells me he can help, and uncovers himself, a young man, looking at much as old as I look, he said his name is Lelouch, and he leaves me behind as he walks to take some action.

No hay comentarios: