lunes, 3 de noviembre de 2008

WoD The Book of the Dead Names

C.C.
Caroline C

It has been too long, already two centuries. I have seen to many wars, some caused by my own disquiet. It is finally time, the Quashmallim told me to come here and look for the girl, and I now have her right infront of me, I am well hidden, using my pyros to make myself transparent, keepimg myself well hidden.
She seems to be a slave, she acts shy, obbeys almost blindly, I see the fear in her eyes, and I have come to take her away from all the filth around her, she has a fair face, her eyes will serve well. She has come and gone many times, hurriedly, knowing that a small mistake will translate into a severe scalding. She brings out two large black plastic bags surely filled with garbage, and puts them next to the container I am hiding behind. As she is readying herself to get into the building, a vehicle enters the alley, it’s a large old van, two men get out as she heads for the cargo door, which she opens, she lifts a large bulk, something wrapped in some sort of old carpet and cloth rags, blood spills from the ends and I can clearly see hair sneaking from within the rags covering the face and most of the head. She puts the body next to the container, I can hear her moan from the effort, it is obvious the body is much too heavy, and as a slave, he might barely have enough to eat. She goes into the building as the two men start smoking, she comes out carrying a hacksaw and a knife. She kneels infront of the body taking off the carpet and letting the head still covered, she seems to dislike this job, but somehow she seems to be used to it.
She works diligently on it reducing the body into a mass of flessh and pieces of bone, until only the head remains, she unwraps it, and as the dead eyes stare into her, she drops it and steps back, her eyes widen and her voice collapses and drowns as she tries to scream, seems the dead body was someone important to her, or someone that should not be dead, one never knows with this crime sindicates.
The two men dropped their cigarretes, and bring out guns and aim at her, she looks at them, and with the shy voice the poor slave says “No, please” as she covers her face with her arms. Just before the clicking of the guns is over and the bullets get into place, I am already behind one of the men, as the first bullet is in place and the gun prepared, I have a knife going through the neck of the man, he falls and the other one seems to only stare at the knife floating in the air, the light is so dim that he cannot see me, he aims for the blade but it moves, I insert it right into his head, I take his coat and cover myself with it and cancel the transmutation so that I can be seen again.
The girl had fallen to the ground, she raises her eyes and sees me. “Will you be my new master? I.. I… My abilities are, cleaning and sweeping, I can help a bit in the kitchen… I can count to twenty and read just a little, I… I have also done some body cleaning before….” She looks at the head she dropped less than a minute before “I cannot stay here, please!”
I walk towards her, and extend a hand, she receives it as shyly as she did everything until then, a poor slave. She stands, takes her hand away and leans forward as some sort of greeting. I then signal her to follow me, I hotwire the van and drive away.

We stepped out of the van and I make her follow me to the old department building, some hobos sleep on the stairs, I open the door to the appartment I have been using and lead her to the bathroom, there the balm awaits. I point at a chair, she obbediently sits down, ever since we got away, she has avoided my eyes, she seems to be just a sweet person, still she seems to be unable to react to the sense of being free, knowing not of another lifestyle. But it would soon be over, I emptied the bottles into the tub, she did not ask a single question. And just sat there, mumbling of what they would do if they found her now that she had escaped, but it would not matter soon, that I knew, I was close to my own life, she coughed, my wasteland made it difficult for some to be within it for long. As soon as the mixture was ready, I walked behind her, I gently put my hand on her shoulder, and with the other hand, I pulled her long blonde hair, she did not complain, she seemed to be used to it, my hand moved from her shoulder into the medicine cabinet on the wall, from it I took the knife I had hidden, a swift move from my hand and I released her hair, just to slap her and inject some pyros into her, she is stunned, then I lift her head, and make her look at me, she again is paralized, I whisper to her to stay still, and she cannot resist the order. I take the knife firmly in my hand and move the blade to her neck, her life ends seconds later.




“I woke up, that is as back as I can remember, the first thing I saw was an old shower hanging right on top of me, and the rust stained white walls of a bathing tub around me, I moved my hand reaching out, I remember how I trembled as my hand grabbed the edge of the tub, I was terribly confused, I looked down, a body that felt strange, as if not belonging to me responded to my mind´s comand, floated in a mixture of wine vinegar and spices and herbs.

I stood up, letting the strange balm drip off, I looked around. The bathroom had obviously seen better days in a time already too distant, I knew it, but did not know why, it confused me, tears dripped of my cheeks falling into the mixture that now covered my feet and ankles. A chair had some clothes awaiting for me, pants a blouse and a jacket. Next to it a note laid.

‘It was necessary for me to achieve my goal to hurt you this much,
Tread carefully and you will once again be mortal
By the time you read this, I shall no longer be like you, and might
probably remember you not’

No name, just the text in a handwriting so careful.. no signature, It all puzzled me, I sat on the floor, next to the tub, wondering whether to cry or to simply get moving. Someone in the street turned a radio on, voices came through the small window, I fell asleep, just to be wakened when the sun rose again, and the radio was turned on again.

I looked at the clothes, used clothes, but clean, a bit large, the tub had no water coming out of its pipes, I put the clohtes on and walked out still smelling of the strange mixture, unsure of what would await me, and sure of only one thing. The place I woke up in would never see me again.

I walked into the streets not knowing what to do next, where to go or what I was, much less who I was. It was a city, a small city with a name I never bothered to find out. I walked among the allies, wondering how would I get something to eat, not too far from where I woke up, I found the heart of the slums, violence and distrust, finding malice in the eyes of everyone. I heard gunfire, something made me hide, knowing that the source was not far, and that it meant trouble, I jumped behind some trash bags. And saw the projected shadow of a man pass in the wall infront of me. A couple of minutes passed and I emerged, turned the corner and found myself facing a dead body, in her hand she held an ID card, and some money, she seemed to have tried to keep just that, maybe just money for the cab. I took them both, Carol, her name was Carol, being as confused as I was, I thought that if needed I could be Carol, or Caroline, the last name on the card had been pierced by the bullet, only a C remained.
I searched for more stuff that I could use, but only found fake gold earrings, and her somewhat empty purse nearby, she seemed to have been a prostitute, for I only found cigarretes, a lighter, and a big deal of preservatives, she still had her watch on, with it I paid the bus that took me out of that town.


Many years have passed ever since, I have roamed the country from a little town to another, at least fifty, staying at least six months in each, welcomed at first and scorned not long after, I have survived many times as a lap dancer, as a drug dealer, several times I have been a mistress to some man with money and no love at home, and a couple of times I have fallen for those men and ended up killing their families. Its these times that I have seen my own reflection change, a scar on my forehead shines, similar to a bird in shape, my eyes glow or a purplish red. My skin looks like the cheap mockery manequins are made of. Then in this state I have been shot and left for dead, I sometimes wish it had been true, but I come back, this condition makes me strong, but my inner fire pays the toll.

Those few I have found that are like me have taught me about my nature, Verney seems most knowledged about us he has been roaming the whole planet over the last three centuries. Most probably he is the eldest of us all, he told me he is seeking too become mortal, and to destroy his wrongest creation. He told me he knew one like me, the Geass Wielders, so similar to the Galateids, still different enough to stand out. The only thing he did not know, was the words that make us wake, the contract that gives us this half life. I would have to find another like me, probably, or divert into a new lineage, if I am to ever become human.

I have been lucky not to have faced a pandoran, when visiting New York, most of them, I was told, had been destroyed by some Ferrard, or something like that… I ran from the city, fearing to finally face one, but some days after, as I woke up in a shabby motel, and washed my face, my reflection showed the same mark I have in my forehead. I got scared, but the reflection did not move, after so many years, I finally met a Quashmallim, and it told me to return to the city

And now I am here walking again into the unknown, uncertain of what to do, and hoping I find something that aids my pilgrimage, as weak as I have tried to keep myself, not letting my monstruous nature grow while I am still alone.


Two months, its been two months, and I have found nothing, at least that nothing includes Pandorans.
Today´s meals have been paid, I sell a couple of doses to some punk in those horrid lose clothes, fitting people thrice his size, his hands shake, half out of anxiety, half out of fear, he wants the stuff to feel free, though he ignores I am just giving him talcum powder.
As I head back to the shabby little place I rent I feel a presence. I turn around and find myself looking at a tall man in strange garments that cover almost everything, the shadows do not let me see his face, he quite straightforward, he offers me a chance to become human, to end this horrible pilgrimage, I am quite eager to accept the chance, being so similar to those galateids, this recklessness I have regreted before, still it has some times paid fairly, I think of this as I take a small paper he hands me, It says I must go to the airport, and look for some old lockers, when I raise my eyes to ask some questions, he´s gone.
I take a cab, not worrying about the fare, though suck a trip would take most of my money, when we get there I use a simple moment in which the cabbie looks into my eyes, they always do, and I make him give me money, after all, its not every day that such a fair woman rides in his car.
The place is thriving with guards, all running to some storage room in a corner, I listen to what the people there say and hear something about a wild beast set loose within the airport.
I decide to wait for all the rucus to calm down and head to have something to eat, when it all starts to silence I head to the very storage room where the guards are, they have set some barricade to avoid people from entering, I am noticed by some of the guards, so much for my stealthy entrance.

I walk away and return a little time later, and aks one of the guards for help, I seduce him and make him follow me into the bathroom, there I reveal my true nature and make him give me his clothes, and leave him cuffed to the toilet, once in his uniform I manage to get into the storage room, and start looking for the lockers, It takes me some time, but I find them, but they are open, and empty. I crumble to my feet in frustration.

I walk out of the airport and head back home, looking for that strange character that gave me this mission, it was too good to be true, its not as if such a simple thing as finding something in an airport would end a pilgrimage, I get home containing my frustratin, I turn on the small TV and watch the news, some fire in china town,. I walk out again, I cannot stand still, I need to find the shady promethean. I walk aimlessly through the city, and it is him who finds me.
It appears it is a book he is looking for, and that some Other promethen, a powerful one, is looking for it as well, could it be this Ferrard guy I have heard about?
He says I can call him Proxy, seems he has been investigating me, but can I trust this shady guy, he looks strong, he might have anihilated me by now, I am not much of a fighter, but then again, he is incospicuous, while I can be stealthier than him. It is late though, I go home and rest,

The next morning arrives, Proxy told me to investigage a man rescued from the very fire in China town that I watched on the News, I start getting ready, I look into the empty fridge and pantries, but as I head to the door, I feel a strange presence, is it Proxy?, I look out the window and see a couple of vans parked there, many men in dark garments are walking out of them, it does not look good, since they are surrounding the building. I run out of the appartment, heading to the roof.
Every building around this one is highter, there is no chance to jump to another rooftop, I am trapped, still I hope none of them comes up here, they are too many, and I have only got the gun I took from the airport guard. When a gun is pointed to my back, I drop mine, and turn around slowly, finding two ice cold eyes, a young goth looking woman aims at me, still a simple glare from my eyes satisfies, I make her give me her gun, and get some information about those around the building
Proycet Twilight, a government agency chasing something called proyect G, She says she can feel me, as I feel others of my kind, but she is Human, I know her fire is not the corrupted fire mine is, still time grows short, I tell her to protect me, and she obbeys. I look from the edge of the rooftop at those below me, their leader appears, a tall strange man with silver hair, stranger still is a wing sprouting from his back, he argues with the woman I tricked,as some of the men enter the trucks again, I am saved. Rain, once I am calm again, I feel the rain falling over me.
The door opened to silently, it is his steps that make me look, he looks back, I paralyze him, but am unable to make him obbey my will, Soon more men with guns appear I set him loose, he orders them to take me, and I am dragged to the vans, they blindfold me and I only feel how the vehicle starts moving.As we move he asks my name, I only reply “C.C.”

6 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

por que tengo la impresion que la leyenda urbana de: te acuestas con una desconocida y amaneces sin riñon en una tina llena de hielos surgio por algo que hizo C.C.

Mr GFSL dijo...

A girl... well, a sort of monster trying to finally become a girl has to get her living

Hyuga Ricdeau dijo...

Jaja, justo esa leyenda vino a mi mente cuando estaba leyendo la historia de C.C.
Veo que le has puesto aun más background que cuando me la pasaste por primera vez, suena muy interesante, veremos que mas va surgiendo.

Eduardo Negrete dijo...

"I seduce him and make him follow me into the bathroom, there I reveal my true nature and make him give me his clothes, and leave him cuffed to the toilet"

No dire que la true nature es hecharse uno, REPITO, NO DIRE QUE TU TRUE NATURE SON ESOS GASES QUE SALEN POR EL TRASERO.

= P

Mr GFSL dijo...

pero a ti te gustan esos gluteos enormes, gelatinosos y celulíticos, verlos temblar mientras el gas sale violentamente despues de recorrido largo luchando por liberarse.... o no?

Unknown dijo...

GLENN.... todos sabemos que le gustan las gordas pero no hay que ser tan gráfico...eew