miércoles, 5 de noviembre de 2008

WoD BotDN II

I am carried out of the van and fastened to some table. The one winged Promethean reported the last events to a strange man that speaks with glutony in his voice, craving to satisfy his curiosity, I think the strange one called him Dr. Hoyo, or something like that.
“A fine specimen for future experiments” Hoyo said, I tremble at these words and try to find my way out, I am too weak, and none of my transmutations can help me now, I will finally be destroyed.

A while passes, just a couple of hours at much, hours in which I am left alone to my thoughts, in which no sounds break an empty silence broken only by some old fan in the ventilation system, a silence that is broken harshly by the sound of glass breaking, an alarm activates and a soft thudding sound still reaches me,
I am set free, my eyes look at the strange Promethean, he is standing before me, a cold look in his eyes, he reaches for me and carries me over his shoulder as if I were only a bag of potatoes or something of the sort, and runs making his way through hallways that are already familiar to him.
Two people try to stop us, they wield large weapons and aim them at us, One faces me, while the strange one intimidates them, I simply try to make the one facing me to give me his gun, but he resists my powers easily. Who are these Twilight people?

Strange manages to get us into one of the vans, and gets us out of the instalations. We are chased, I find some grenades, and throw them out the window, they only throw smoke out, but it is effective enough to stall our pursuers, while the autocruise and we jump out of the van, we are bruised, but not hurt, the van fades in the distance followed by the other Twilight cars, I finally breathe calmly. It’s a stormy night, still walking in the cold air is much better than being trapped in some strange laboratory wondering what part of my body would be cut off next or what substance would be put into me, the woods protect us, still the clouds reflect the orange glow of the city lights far away, it’s the state of New York, as far as I can tell, but the city seems to lie miles away.
As we walk among the trees using the darkness to hide us, which is somewhat difficult for me with my light colored hair and a strange garment they put me on: white and the sleeves have belts and buckles to restrain who wears it, we see a strange glow emerging from behind some trees, we aproach it and find a strange cold white flame, it must be a Quashmall, it speaks with a strange voice, telling us that our pilgrimage involves a book with names in it.
The flame vanishes and we find ourselves in the darkness once again, we continue walking, I am too tired to ask strangeguy his name, or what he thinks we should do,I just follow him, he is stronger than I am, now I regret not learning more transmutations, but somehow I know he will help me.
We reach a small road, we turn to see a truck coming our way, and hitch a ride using my charms. In the end I managed to get some money out of him before getting off in Manhatan. There Strange leads me to a slumy part of the city, we are looked as enemies by everyone in the street, these humans, they treat everyone as if they irradiated an Azothic radiance, I am used to it. He finally opens his mouth, saying his name is Sephiroth, and offers me a place to stay in a small appartment.

Next morning Seph contacted some guy, asking him to go to China Town and look for some man in a restaurant. We do so, the pay is decent, and the job seems simple and quoincidentaly, we are to visit an old Chinese man in a hospital and get a key from him. What Proxy told me to do, maybe I can kill two birds with one shot.

The nurse at the reception tells us that the man is being visited by some priests, that we would have to wait, but Sephiroth heads to the elevator, as we head up, it stops, The elevator telephone rings, I pick it up “Wait five minutes” the voice said, I turn around to tell Sephiroth and find him climbing out the hatch on the top, finding that its imposible to climb up that way without calling all the attention we do not want, the five minutes go by and the thing moves again. As we get off, the group of priests pass right before us, .
We go to the man´s room, he does not react as we enter, not even my transmutations make him move or react, a girl rushed in shortly after, I use my transmutations on her and find out that the old man was helped by some guy named Dante and a cute girl, she gave me his card, a detective, so it seems.

We go to the adress in the card, a guy with no shirt and a red coat opens the door, he looks half asleep and more than talking he yawns a “Yes?” I try explaining what we are doing there, but before I knew it Dante and Sephiroth were fighting over Seph´s sword, which he carries around in a strange case.
Dante´s place is dark, the blinders and curtains are closed, a swift look around and my hypotheses turns around it being to make the mess and disorder hard to see.
The noice of Sephiroth and Dante arguing seems to have disturbed the young woman the girl mentioned, curiosity drove her to come, in fact she is cute, enough to threaten any Galateid, her attitude, her charm, I cannot identify what, but some strange aura makes her stand out, and still some memories in my mind seemed moved by her face. But I do not pay much attention to it.
Another guy appears, looking somewhat like Sephiroth, even has the silver colored hair, unlike the girl, he exhudes excesive stubborness and pride, a pride recently crushed.
We ask for the key, Dante said he needs it. The man at the restaurant only asked for the key, we can wait until Dante finishes with it. It might even be convenient for me to let him use it. The girl said her name is Helena, the proud guy´s name is Kadaj, I introduce myself simply as C.C. being a Promethean, a name is never really yours. Sephiroth introduced himself as well. We wait until nightfall to go out, I did not care why, I have plenty of time before me, these humans are strange, but they might have their reasons.

To my delight, we go to some pizza hut nearby and wait for Kadaj´s friends, they brought another key, its delightful, everything seems to be developing smoothly for me. They also left a clue: Dr. Ghast While we finish eating Dante and Kadaj go racing on their motorcycles.:
“Dr. Ghast” I type into google in an internet café nearby, some minutes and we find some names and information, this Sephiroth uses, a phone call later we have Ghast´s last adress, its within a wealthy district, fair enough.
We take a cab, I am careful to be the last one to get out of it, and again use my charm on the driver, getting some fair amount of money.

The house greets us with a crest belonging to a wealthy family, “St. Giovanni” I have heard of them, they are mostly devoted to medicine. We are welcomed by a beautiful woman sitting in the living room, long dark hair, white skin, exhuding confidence due to knowledge and beauty, such face would make an excelent Geass Wielder, but that will have to wait. Her manners match her looks and corteously offers us a seat, her name, she tells us is Rita, her accent is foreing, Italian.

Shortly after her cousin Donato appeared, dressed in as fine garments as money can buy, he, as his cousin is eager to make us comfortable in his house.
We explain our buisness, emphazising only that we need some of Dr.Ghasts belongings, they kindly let us dig into the stuff the man left before he left the house. The room they stored everything in is a mess, Helena called for help and Kadaj arrived shortly after. I got tired soon, its too chaotic for me to stand, Still I notice Helena is not looking with Sephiroth and Kadaj. When she appears again, she´s with Rita, who suggests we look again. We do so, and this time I find an old Log, I read it and find some interesting stuff involving Hojo and something called Proyect S. And it also revealed that the key is inside a Grandfather clock. By the time we exit the house its already quite late, still Kadaj proposes to go have some fun, it sound fair enough, I have seen this many times, celebration is important for humans.

To my benefit we take a cab, as we reach the place Sephiroth and I are disturbed by a presence, I hope its Proxy,
Once inside Helena starts dancing, her grace is notorious, as she is inmediately worshipped by those in the building. But Sephiroth and I worry more for that strange Azoth, we start looking for him, but again it is someone else who finds me, while Helena dances, no one notices the huge guy pulling on the small woman. I struggle to set myself free. But all I get is some complicated dialogue, the guy has delusions of eloquence. He finaly sets me free after taking the log from me, I run to Sephiroth.
Sephiroth tells Helena of the danger, she inmediately uses her charisma to get the information we need, some lame excuse of a man, or woman, or person in emo clothes points towards a door at the back, we hastily run up.
I arrive before the others, and find the guy tearing some pages off the log, I am desperate, unnable to control myself, I use a transmutation, revealing my disfigurement to Helena and Kadaj for the first time, my hair turned green, and my scar and eyes start to shine, my skin adquire its artificial tone, too reckless, Galateids are reckless, and somehow I am one, other supernaturals call it the mascarade, I have heard about it, but I do not mind breaking it infront of Kadaj and Helena, even though there are groups willing to kill those who break it, but Geass wielders crave for power, and I know that damn notebook means power, and if I cannot have it, no one will, my transmutation is effective, I make the guy give me the pages he tore, knowing that when he staps out of my grasp he will take them back I decide to destroy them, I eat them sure that the holy fire within me would be fueled as the paper is destroyed.
I hear Sephiroth call him Genesis, seeing himself surrounded by Kadaj and Sephiroth with their weapons unsheathed, and still having me around to fight his Azoth and capable of paralizing him, he escapes. Unknown to Helena and Kadaj, I see Genesis spread a wing much like Sephiroth´s.as he jumps off the building.
Sephiroth jumbed right behind him, while from the shadows a buzzing sound came acompanied by a growl, I ook around and see it, a huge bug looking Pandoran, it inmediately jumps over me, it brings me to the ground and tries to feed from my flesh, Dante jumps out of the very door we came out of and aided us to destroy the creature before it actually causes me any damage.
The relief I felt faded quickly when Helena pushed me against a corner, She makes the question simple and to the point so much that I simply answer without even trying to hide the truth, I even tell her about my purposes for the book. After hearing my story, she said she would help us Sephiroth and me.
We head back to the dance floor, Helena and Kadaj keep on dancing for a while, I just sit down and think about the fear I feel of Genesis returning and sending more Pandorans after me,.. and come to realize that Proxy meant Genesis, and not Ferrard, when he said, the “other”.

Kadaj proposes us to leave the place and go look for some underground races, we agree to do that, and I thank that Pandorans have it tough when surrounded by people, their flux is quenched by the true fire within humans.
After some talking with a Russian guy named Gustaf, Helena managed to get Kadaj entry into a race, the odds would mean he would get about half a million if he wins, it sounds really tempting
Kadaj stars fine, racing against representatives from what seems to be every ethnic group that also has a mafia within the city, some crash, some loose their tires, sabotage is notorious, these humans, some preach about doing whats right, and among the preachers there are those who do quite the opposite to their words. In the end Kadaj came victorious, still, every non Russian mafia seems to be now after his head.

With that the evening ended, sunrise is at hand, Helena and Kadaj seem tired, so does Dante, we part ways, I am tired as well, and scared.I log into a City Express to avoid going to Sephiroth´s place, to which I lack a key, and scared as well of returning to my appartment, the Twilight people might be there. But as I enter my room, the phone rings, I stop my steps, look at the damn thing and run away, no one should know I am here, I run out of the hotel and head to a subway station, hoping a train comes soon and takes me away from this place. The train delays, I tremble in fear, I have no weapons. I feel an Azoth aproaching, I turn and look, red clothes, at first I thought it was Genesis, but its only Proxy. I tell him everything I have learnt about the book, and he asked me to meet him there later.

No hay comentarios: