lunes, 30 de marzo de 2009

Book of the Dead Names, finale.

Lelouch pays, sending me to Australia along with a very annoyed Nina and the obnoxious Jonnhy B Good. We arrive in Sidney a whole day before Helena, Sephiroth and Lelouch get here.
I try to use the time to research about this monolith we are going to, Ayer´s rock, but I am already to anxious.and cannot read much more than it being over 349 m tall and having sides 85 derees steep.
The day goes by and we are all waiting for the others to arrive, the plane lands Sephiroth descends with Karen and Dante. I am not glad he came, Helena also brought Susaku, too many witnesses, I already have to stand the annoying presence of Jonnhy, after all, the cover for our activities is a private concert on top of the rock. Lelouch and Helena arrive shortly afterwards to where we are, coming from the cargo area of the airport.
We head to the hotel, a luxurious one payed by Lelouch, still it does little for me as I wait for the next night to get here. Hold the Necronomicon next to me all the time, craving for the ritual to start.
The night gets here, finally, we gather at the top of the hotel, waiting for Lelouch´s private Helicopter to get here. Everyone is here, Dante, Suzaku, Helena, Sephiroth, Jonnhy, and me. Susaku then notices that our luggage does not include any musical instruments, Helena looks at him and sternly says the truthy, her truth: “We are making a ritual to make a better world”. He seems to believe it, since he falls silent.
But the silence is broken shortly afterwards as from the stairwell to our side three figures emerge; Anderson, Margulis and one of the Nuns I saw at the bus station in New York. Margulis yells out something about stopping us from releasing Demons, and about being monsters, Just then the battle starts. The nun takes out a sword, her face changes completely, an air of madness around her, Sephiroth is attacked first, just as I turn to see, I see Dante transform, he becomes a huge beast with fangs and claws, something in such a shape awakens a primitive fear in the humans, Suzaku runs and takes cover, and the Priests are paralized for a moment, just then I hear two gunshots, I look down and see they have both hit me, right on the spine and the neck, I look then at the stairwell, out of it the other nun I saw walks with two guns smoking. I walk towards her, looking into her eyes. Still she resists.
Margulis by then has recovered his senses from the fright Dante inspired on them, and tells his allies to use a tactic of some sort. The priests all focus on the raging beast, a chance that I see Sephiroth use as his sword hits Anderson quite direly. I try whispering orders to the gunslinger nun, but the comotion makes my effort useless. I run then into the stairwell looking for some cover, as my Pyros is taking to long to make me heal, and the damage is already to extensive for my weak flame to be of much help. I close the door to grant me some more cover, and make my flame burn as intensely as I can, I feel it work as I infuse the gunslinger with fear, which makes her shoot at her very own allies, Not long after she runs past by me fleeing the scene and the only sound I hear is Dante´s growling calmign down. I then look at the lightbulb that hangs not too hight above me, I pull the lightbulb out and heal myself.
The helicopter has arrived, I can hear it outside, I walk out and jump into it, grasping again my precious Necronomicon against me, wondering what I will become once this is all over. Will I remember this pilgrimage, will I forget everything and just let Caroline C vanish into memories that will soon fade away?
Dante leaves us, his hands drenched in blood, he heads to get medical help, Lelouch and Nina stay behind to clean the mess we left and keep the priests and nun captive. The vehicle launches, and starts heading to our destination. As we aproach the rock the wind hits us, soviolently that I have to release a hand from athe book and grab myself to the seat as strongly as I can, the vehicle leaves us attop the monolith and departs. Once we stand on the rock I look around, at the center of where the ritual is to be held, I see the two girls holding hands, it is just a second, they vanish, I go to the spot and look at the ground, only finding rocks and minerals. Jonnhy asks what we are, once again, But this time I do tell him about me “A moving corpse holding a fake sould that wishes to become a real one”, he seems to believe me, and slowly walks to Helena and asks the sme question, I must say I was not prepared to hear that she is in fact Euphemia Windsor, the Bloody Princess, I smile in awe and then turn my eyes into the text that the Necronomicon holds for me, and I start reading as Sephiroth makes the markings on the floor we need.
I finish the text and look into the sky, the stars seem to start moving as little spirits move around forming various shapes that start behaving like organs that start to gather.
The Book of the Dead names shakes and opens, each page being torn and starting to float around the spirits, from the ground around it colorful spirits like snakes emerge as well, The spirit we are waiting for is about to come.
Just then Four figures appear from the mist around us, Charles, VV, Mariane and Rolo, thanking us for saving them the effort, That with our help they would make a new Camarilla, a new Vampiric Empire where vampires would rule over humans without having to hide, they offer us a place in their empire, they offer us power, my lineage forces me to consider it, but the brand from the contract with the quashmallim throbs violently.
They say they will rule, the three of them, but just then VV pulls a machine gun out of his garments claiming that it will only involve him ruling, just then Rolo grabs him and pulls him into the shadows.
Marianne and Charles look at the scene with surprise and consider the situation again, and still hold theiri offer. I am asked if I accept, and tell nothing but the truth: That I have made a pact that will not allow me to accept their offer, Marianne pulls out her sword and then drives it through my stomach, claiming that she ecpected better from the new Gray Witch, I look into her eyes trying to stop her, but her powers overcome mine too violently. I put my hand on the fresh wound and watch the red fluid flow out of it.
Then the spirit takes shape, a huge owl, Marianne and Charles walk to it and claim they were the ones to summon it, The spirit asks if they have got the thausand souls, and the vampires point to the many pages foating around, the names start to be pulled as sstickers out of the paper, soul after soul. Each and everyone, but one, the name of Euphemia Windsor. I look at my vampiric ally, standing there watching everything, I smile maliciously as I realize that this must have been Lelouch´s manipulation.
The spirit calls Marianne and Charles traitors and punishes them, Charles falls but Marianne still stands, she turns around and attacks and curses us, She attacks Sephiroth, calling him a monster, and is about to charge against all of us, but not much later Susaku brings her down, since she is alreadey weakened by the spirit, still an amazing feat considering he is messing with forces he barely understands.
The spirit above us fades, I look at it vanishing with my hopes. The page with Euphemia´s name falls before me, I pick it up. My will is shattered, my pilgrimage will continue, havoc and fear will follow me, the cursed existance of a Created. Out of the mist comes Leouch with Rolo, thanking us for helping him, he has now got evidence to punish VV, Mariane and Charles, I stand up, head to wards him and slap him right in the face, containing my frustration and most probably my torment. He was to become my tool but in the end it was I who was used. He still offers me some comfort, and tells me to look into a certain page of the book, there it is described that a man created a human out of clay, a mysterious path is set before me. He says he is sorry, I look at the horizon knowing that the sun is many hours away.

We return to New York, I do not know why, Australia might have worked as well, but it would mean being to close to the stone, I curse it a thausand times. Still not long after my arrival, the very Vampires offer me to pay for my trip to England, since it is there that I must look for more clues, according to my precious Necronomicon, about this clay formed man. Besides, Kristoff is still looking for this book, and I will only aid to its demise as long as I am this half living being. I prepare everything for my trip, I have got plenty of paper, pens and pencils, I will transcribe this book, and the long trip across the Atlantic will provide me with a good deal of time to do so. The plane starts to move, I look out the window, and see a crow on the wing of the plane, it becomes a blood as the air charges against it. I was hoping for some solace in Europe, I can only hope to hide from this wretched vampire.

1 comentario:

Eduardo Negrete dijo...

El final de Kadaj, es.........

"¿Por qué siento un hedor como a C.C. aqui en Europa?"