domingo, 24 de abril de 2016

Lyra

Lyra

The echoing o a drop of water falling into an ever growing puddle was the only thing to break the silence, , it had been a long day. The figure standing next to the tub looked into it, and a desperate gasp filled the air in the old bathroom in the empty house. The figure pulled back the hood of the old hoodie, revealing a young looking face with tired eyes that seemed to denote an age that exceeded any human´s.
“Five decades, I have been around this world  for five decades, carrying a curse upon humanity itself, I have escaped many creatures that ended up hating me no matter what I do”. The young faced figure said. Her ice blue eyes looked into the tub, there, in a pool of fine wine turned vinegar, grounded black pearls and poisonous herbs, two green eyes looked back, a desperate curiosity came from them as they tried to explain the world around them, the black strange and unfamiliar hari that dripped the strange concoction unto a skin of white marble. A Beautiful body,  a beautiful face. “I have created some more monsters like you, the oldest was just five years into my existence, not far from Boston last I knew he was part of a strange throng that called themselves “Proxies” in New York. The second one was in the Bahamas, I killed many young people to get the best body for her” sHe disappeared in New York as well, following some strange mage.
“Monster? Killed?” the figure in the tub whispered,
“And now there is you, “  the other one continued, not heeding the question “I have come to the end of my patience, and I will give you the right information, you must continue making us monsters, I have given up.
“Monsters?” the girl int the tub asked again
“Look carefully, right into that mirror” The hooded figure ordered, the black haired girl walked out of the tube, driven strongly by curiosity that barely managed to overcome a great fear. Her reflection was there, a pleasant view but she did as the hooded woman ordered: and looked carefully, the body was not perfect, it had many scars, sutures made carefully her hands, her arms, her legs all joined by a fine thread, most of all, her neck,  “You are a monster, one that can fool humans. But you more than anything, are something that must not be on this Earth, creating you weakened me, but now you must listen. You are made of many parts of many bodies, I gave you life through my very breath, I prepared your body, made it, and put it in that concoction, here” she produced a piece of paper from her pocket, “the list of ingredients, the wine vinegar is expensive, so are the pearls, but you will learn powers to make your track easier. You might become human one day”
The dark haired figure looked at the piece of paper being shown to her, it was old, yellowish, wrinkled, and stained, the blonde woman held it firmly in her fingers, as if treasuring it.
“I will for once give you a name, I wish I had been given one so easily, you will be Lyra, as for me, it will be unimportant very soon” she reached for a bag on an old table, put the piece of paper in it and threw it aside” that bag has clothes for you. Now, I want you to listen just a little longer, I am tied, I have failed to become human, and have given the world too many monsters like me, so I am stopping here, and I am going to let you have a head start, you will now take this mockery of life from me, release me from the torment that I have, and then you may feed on this polluted flesh.”
Lyra talked firmly, and for the first time there was no doubt nor confusion in her voice, after what she had heard the blonde say she sort of wanted some revenge, and this was just  to easy to obtain for her to ignore.” I will, don´t worry” she threw herself towards the older monster tightening her hands against the neck, driving her nails between the stitches that held the head in place and bit greedily at the blonde´s face, tearing flesh apart.

“So I leave” the blonde whispered “ as a victim of your first torment.” she smiled bitterly, without opposing the events.

No hay comentarios: